Friday, June 13, 2008

Katie

This is a formal shout out to my MOST EXCELLENT SISTER KATIE! Today is her birthday and I want her to know how much I love her and look up to her!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATIE!

She recently moved and is livin' it up in Kanab, UT. I miss her being up north with us, but I am so impressed with the way she so gracefully takes on new challenges and acts in COMPLETE faith. Within a year she moved to NYC for 6 months, moved home, and now lives in Southern Utah (how opposite can 2 places be).

Katie has always been one to forge her own path...she's fearless! I love that about her. Because she always strives to do the right thing, she's always able stand by her choices with integrity.

Katie is so wise! I feel really blessed to have my own personal life "guru" (for lack of a better word). Countless times she has been there for me when I've needed a shoulder to cry on, advice on a frustrating situation, dating advice, fashion advice, or just a good laugh. Whatever the advice, one thing is always there, and that's the spirit. She has this amazing ability to tie everything into the gospel. You can't not feel the power of here testimony when you talk to her.

Thanks for being such a spectacular sister Katie! I love you! Happy Birthday!

8 comments:

It's Me...shell said...

I love Katie! she really is great. happy birthday to her

VTS said...

She is a most excellent woman! Very nice tribute to her. She's been the source of much inspiriation in my life. As are you, my dear Shanna!
Haven't seen you in a while. Been super swamped. We had Youth Conference this last week. Anyway, hope to talk to you soon!

Jenny said...

Yay for Katie! I always loved the fun Friday the 13th birthday slumber parties we had at your "yellow house with the golf green grass". The bottomless costume box and "Grease" playing in the background were always the highlight!
I miss those days...
I say we have a "Grease-themed" slumber party sometime.
Anyone else on board?

lydia said...

I too am a big fan of Katie! I am so glad you two have gotten so close and that you have a great "guru" for your life! Aren't older sisters the best friends?

Grease-themed slumber party? nice!

Mindy said...

I love Katie, too! I don't see her often enough. Many of my fun memories as a child involve Katie...especially when we jumped the back fence of the yellow house to catch "butterflies" (those white, mothy-looking things) in the pasture and some old lady yelled at us because the cows might have charged us.
And of course, "Grease"...
I'm in for a slumber party!
Happy (belated) birthday to Katie!

Natalie said...

Does Katie read this? Katie, of all people, should be enlightening the rest of us with a blog of her own, wouldn't you agree? She does live in a different area code, and is therefore required by the laws of familial blogging to keep in touch with a blog. Please relay the message. If I have not been informed of the existence of Katie's blog within 1 months time, Emily and I will have to take matters into our own hands.

If being involved with a Grease slumber party could ever possibly include hearing/singing/listening to "You're the one that I want" then count me out. Hate it. Can't stand it. It's in my head now torturing me.

Shanna said...

Sounds like we should definately plan on a "Grease" themed slumber party...Where? When? We could lure Katie there and then corner her until she starts her own blog!

Nat, you know our family too well, however, I know you too well to believe that you wouldn't come to a cousin/friend/blogmate slumber party over a silly song. Be there or be square!

katesta said...

Um...I don't really know what to say except thank-you so much. And as for a Grease slumber party...I AM SO IN!!!!! But only if it's the version where the back of Sandy's dress gets stuck in her pantyhose and everyone in the audience notices. That one's the best one. Oh wait--that was my eighth grade Academy Award-winning version! Good times. No scarring of any kind.
Seriously though ladies, we need to make this slumber party happen.
XOXOXO