Thursday, August 9, 2007

Work-Boyfriends!

I know that what your all probably thinking..."Who the heck is Ryan Jensen?" To make a long story short, I work with him and he has been keeping me company while I check everyones' blogs. Anyway, he pretty much worships the ground I walk on and keeps asking for me to profess my "true feelings" for him on my blog...you know, make it known to the world!

Ryan would like all of you to know that he is a changed man because of me! He says, I make him want to be the man that I truly deserve. He only drinks HALF as much as he used to. He says, I complete him....Isn't that touching? According to Ryan we're only best friends now, but someday he hopes to be more. He also likes to remind me that I'm no spring chicken (being 26 and all. He's 24)! Thanks Ry!

In all honesty, I do work with him at LDS and he most-likely will be my next work-boyfriend. "Work-boyfriend" is a term that Natalie came up with to describe any boy we spend most of our time with at work-- chatting and flirting. Now and then there is the occasional outside of work activity (We have been to a movie together). Ryan and I see each other for about an hour and a half at a time when our shifts overlap. He really does say some of the nicest things to me. When I first met him he kind of came off as creepy in a non-threatening kind of way, but now he's totally endearing and I look forward to seeing him at work. He is not the first and most likely, not the last. We'll see how long this quasi-relationship lasts! Cross your fingers!

8 comments:

Emily and Clay said...

Shanna--thanks for updating your banana blog!

As for this Ryan Jensen--what are his intentions with you? I mean, you need to stop hurting all of these guys that follow you around like little puppies. Come on Shanna, they have feelings too and you are most likely embarassing them in front of your friends :). Totally kidding.

If you and Ryan ever want to hit a movie or anything--give Clayt and I a call. One call that's all.

Laura Lee said...

Hey Shanna!

You know, me and my work boyfriend will totally double with you and yoru work boyfriend anytime you want.

Glad to see an update!

Natalie said...

ch. bout time. Tell Ryan "Hey" from me, and please explain to him my significance in your life, and the approval of mine that he must try desperately to gain if anything is to come of this "we just work together" relationship.

Natalie said...

Hold on... the criminal background check is asking for his middle name. Could I get that from you?

Jess said...

Hmm. That's cool, Shann. Is Ryan your first work boyfriend?

Mindy said...

Steve read this title casually over my shoulder and said, "Good for Shanna! She has a boyfriend."

We will anxiously await to hear more news about you and Ryan :)!

Hope you are doing well! Cameron says "hi".

Natalie said...

Shanna- Do you think it is possible that others may be thinking that this guy is LITERALLY your boyfriend because they don't understand the level of importance the "work boyfriend" holds? (it's LOW).

I'll clarify: the term "work boyfriend" is almost a joke in itself. It basically means "that guy at work who tries to talk to me all the time, and since I'm at work and have nothing else going on, I indulge him because it's entertaining." That's what work boyfriend means. It was a term created for ease in identifying certain coworkers while telling stories to fellow roommates. It is not a true relationship. In the order of significance, "work boyfriend" is about one notch above "that guy who sent me a message on myspace."

ok. clarified.

Shanna said...

Thanks for the clarification Nat! You're a TRUE friend.