Sunday, November 18, 2007

Madonna, that's who


My name is Shanna and this is my Halloween costume. I feel it is a very good likeness of Madonna, please note the single black lacey glove (fingerless!). LOL. I don't know where I come up with these things, but I do. LOL. I'm very good at it. What I'm not good at is updating my blog. I just feel so much pressure to say something great, because I fear that the happenings of my everyday life are not noteworthy. JK. LOL! But just now, at this very moment, I am realizing that this is not so. I have plenty to say. Just ask me! LOL! I had a date on Saturday night. I was partially responsible for some creatively racey lingerie at a bridal shower on Saturday morning. I had to cook a turkey for my ward's Thanksgiving dinner in between the bridal shower and the date. I was very busy. But because I care, I've taken the time to write this to y'all. I've also recently started incorporating "y'all" into my everyday vocabulary. I feel that it sounds unusually authentic when I say it.


Another stumbling block for my blog and me (that's what I call us ;) LOL) is that sometimes I feel a great deal of pressure to have cool pictures, but now I know this is not necessary either. I have come to realize that I just need to bless the rest of y'all with my regular ramblings, because it breaks my heart to realize that y'all click on my blog every day and are served a heaping portion of disappointment when a post has reached that more-than-a-month-old stage. It's like leftovers in the fridge that were so good at first, but once opened, just too old to enjoy. LOL!


Anyway, I've been cooking up a Shannanigans Stew for y'all, and it's been simmering for a while now. I think it's just about ready to be served. So come back with your appetites. Dinner's almost ready.


Oh yes, and one last thing I've realized - and this is a big one - is that when my cousin Natalie creates a blog for me and makes up my password for me, it is very possible that she will remember that password and take matters into her own hands when my blog gets a little too stale and she has too much time on her hands. But I know it's my own fault for not changing my password initially. That little rascal. Gosh I love her.

13 comments:

Natalie said...

"My name is Shanna..."??? Of course your name is Shanna. Why would you introduce yourself on your own blog? I just think it's weird, that's all I'm saying.

But good to have you back. LOL.

Jenny said...

Awesome costume, Shanna. You pull off "the material girl" so well with the eyeliner and black lace glove. Speaking of costumes, the highlight of coming to your house when we were young WAS dressing up in your awesome "twirly-skirts" and old lady wigs. Maybe that's where we all get our Halloween obsession.

VTS said...

LOL. Someone had alot of time of their hands during a graveyard shift. LOL. My favorite was the LOL's everywhere. I was waiting for a ROTFL. I recieved one of those in an email the other day, and was like, what the...? Then someone explained it to me. Anyway, I LOVE the costume! Totally vogue! LOL.

Mindy said...

Glad you're back, Shanna! I've missed you...
I love a good stew, so I'll be checking back frequently.

Oh, by the way, those of us who haven't dated in a hundred years kinda like to hear about dates you single folks go on. Or maybe I'm the only one. Regardless, don't forget to slip in a few details of your social life now and again.

LOVE your costume, too. Next time I see you I expect a performance--may I request "Papa Don't Preach", or maybe "Live to Tell".

Speaking of performing, are you going to audition for A.I. again? You should.

Laura Lee said...

Those LOLs were my favorite part too. Granted, it did look like it was early in the morning when you wrote this. Maybe you were hpyed on caffeine. Whatever, you laugh all the time! I love it.

lydia said...

I was about to comment that I am proud to help Shan alleviate one of her other stumbling blocks-not having her own computer at her house-but alas, apparently my pride was in vain.

I was actually relieved to find that Shanna doesn't really abuse LOL's like that...

In Thailand the word for five is ha. So the Thai version of LOL is 555. Get it? They abused it, too. 555!

lydia said...

Oh, and Shan? You do make a GREAT Madonna. Maybe that could be your "unique" thing for the auditions? You could do some research and become Madonna's greatest fan EVER!

Natalie said...

Wait, Venessa - what does ROTFL stand for? I personally despise the abuse of dorky acronyms, but at least I should know what they stand for. Apparently Shanna loves using them in her writing. She's so silly with all those LOL's.

lydia said...

I'm not Vanessa, but in case she doesn't see your post for a while, Nat, it means "rolling on the floor, laughing." Now you know why she so anticipated it.

Jess said...

"Shanna, you finally updated your blog!"

"No, I didn't."

"Yes, you did. Come read what you wrote.."


Oh and also, when in doubt, I choose to reference this helpful site: http://www.urbandictionary.com/
It's the only way to understand kids these days.

Shanna said...

Natalie! You may have thought you were being helpful...posting a new blog for me and all...but I would have you know, that instead you have PMRML (pretty much ruined my life)! How am I suppose to compete with a spectacular blog like that? I can barely compete with ya'll as it is...I can't be expected to come up with blogs such as the one you just posted! NLOL! (not laughing out loud--being very serious)Perhaps in the future MYOB, will ya, or I may find myself a new BFF!

If I may...IAS (in all seriousness)...I was laughing soooooo hard at the blog you left me! In fact, it really do wish I would have been the one to have posted it. Thanks for looking out for me Nat. I may consider your post left on my behalf as one of the best birthday presents ever. It was a good awakening though for me. With my trusty new laptop (compliments of Lydia--another BFF)I shall be more diligent in the maintaining of my special space.

I LOVE YA'LL! Thanks for the comments and interest in what's brewin' in the Shannanagins stew!

P.S. Nat--Did I tell you that I've recently picked up saying "ya'll" or have you really just noticed? Cause I remember mentioning it to someone. Funny.

Natalie said...

ROTFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Natalie said...

Shanna..... the STEW??? How long must you keep us all hanging? I know you've got blogs up your sleeve. I also know you got a new laptop for your birthday. And I ALSO know that you have wireless internet streaming in your home, as the bill is still currently in my name. So what's the problem here?