Friday, November 30, 2007

Ode To Lyd and Nat

What can I say? It is almost surreal to be reminded of how well someone really knows you...I am one of the luckiest girls to have, not just one--but TWO, of my best friends in the whole wide world as cousins! Due to the fact that we share the same blood, we have been friends since birth--26 years and counting...


I can quite honestly say that these two fantastic women probably know me better than I know myself. I was reminded of this fact when Natalie, very lovingly, updated my blog for me (i.e. Madonna, that's who). She got all facts straight--from the list of my current activities, to the constant LOL (I really do laugh A LOT), to incorporating "ya'll" into my everyday vocabulary. Weird!

I can always count on Lyd and Nat to give it to me straight. To me, that is a TRUE friend. They are also always there when I need them...Natalie was my wingman one night when I was supposed to meet up with some new boys, even though she was engaged. And Lydia relocated nanny jobs and came all the way to Connecticut to be with me while I was nannying. While in Connecticut, we even made a video together to send to MTV with the hopes of meeting N*SYNC. It was one of the most memorable years of my life.

When my life seems like nothing but a quick succession of busy nothings, they are there to remind me how incredible life is! I can't thank them enough for always making me feel like I'm irreplaceable.

Thanks!

8 comments:

lydia said...

Awe, shucks. Thanks Shan. You know, I was thinking about my friends the other day, and how even though we don't hang out much anymore (something I think we could change, btw) I still know that you and Nat are ALWAYS there for me if I need you. And that my dear, is the true measure of friendship in my book.

Good to have you around for eternity, cuz.

Blaine said...

Shanna, you are hilar! (a really cool way to say hilarious!) It's fun to see you in blog form! Love ya tons, and have a great summer! (Lindsay Skid-Hickman)

Emily and Clay said...

Thanks for embarrassing your friends when I was not around. How embarrassing.

Natalie said...

Well, I absolutely love you. I guess there's no getting around it, really. Thanks for the sweet message. We three really are so lucky - blessed, really - to have always had each other, and to know we always will. Thanks, ladies, for being my best friends forever. That kind of enduring and unconditional friendship is very comforting.

I heart my cousins!

Natalie said...

PS: To Shanna and Lydia, you best come to the Rasmussen Christmas party all dolled up because I intend to have an all out photo-shoot so that I may replace the photo on this blog with one where I had NOT just worked a 12 hr. hospital shift. Granted, I'm being selfish here because you two look positively GORGEOUS in that photo. So if you want to keep the pic, fine. But perhaps another picture IN ADDITION TO this one would be permissable? Thanks for humoring me ladies. You're the best.

Laura Lee said...

ah, "a quick succession of busy nothings" sounds like one of my favorite lines from Mansfield Park.

You do look great in that picture Shanna.

Lacey said...

Shan...You are such a sweetie. I love all three of you and am grateful that we are friends! Have a wonderful day and I hope to see you soon.

hmilne said...

What cute girls you are! Hope to see you over the Christmas Break!!