Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Fancy Tickling Things

I know that it has been a long time since the last time I posted, but after checking all the blogs I know exist, I found that I'm not the only one. That made me feel better. The good news is I've started thinking in "blog" again...this means there may be more blogs in the near future.

More good news...My parents are fantastic and gave me a digital camera for graduation! This means I will have pictures to post on the blog. No pics today because I'm at work. I have yet to figure out how to get them from the camera to the computer (I'm sure it's easier than I think). I still forget that I have it though and miss many a good pic.

Other things that tickle my fancy these days include:
  • "Flight of the Conchords" --Hilarious duo from New Zealand that write songs. They have a series on HBO. My roommate Jessi bought the DVD for her boyfriend (he conveniently left it at our house) and I have watched nothing else. Definitely YouTube.com worthy!
  • Holiday Specs--one of my dearest friends gave these, sort of like 3D glasses, away as party favors at her wedding and they are SPECTACULAR! You put them on and can see a snowflake in every point of light. Lights that work the best: Christmas tree lights, street lights, stoplights, car lights, house lights. I carry them with me where ever I go (for when ever I want a little magical moment). I also use them to pick up on guys..."Hey you want to look through my specs?"
  • French accents-- my roommate Michelle and I got to know this Frenchman in our ward a couple of weeks ago. He has a very thick French accent and I can't help but try to repeat everything he says. It's very entertaining! The three of us are going to a French restaurant tonight...The Paris. Jeremy says it's one of the best in town. Exciting...no?!
  • The Nordstrom Rack--up until about 3 weeks ago I had only gone to The Rack twice in my life. I have probably gone 4 or 5 times in the last two weeks. I went during their Red Tag Sale and ended up buying many Christmas gifts for others and myself. I've decided to take a much needed break so my pocket book can recover.

It feels really good to be back in the Blogging world and looking forward to the new year! 2008 is gonna be GREAT!

13 comments:

lydia said...

Shan, we at the Metcalf household LOVE Flight of the Conchords! Have you seen Part-time Model yet? Or the whole David Bowie dream sequences?

Well, if you haven't seen Part-time model yet (or if anyone else doesn't have a clue what we're talking about, here's the link: http://youtube.com/watch?v=qaQ1SILaRuM

"And when you're on the street, depending on the street, I bet you're definitely in the top three..."

Jess said...

I'm so happy to see Lydia's comment on the David Bowie dream sequences. Beau and I watched that episode last night and my stomach genuinely hurt from laughing.

I also loved the part where Jermaine makes the oven talk to cheer Bret up. I'm gonna use that one on you sometime, Shann.

Jenny said...

"The Humans are Dead" is Sean's favorite...but maybe because he's part robot.

I will have to get a hold of the DVD...Sean and I would love it.

Welcome back, too.

Emily and Clay said...

Boy, don't I feel like a loser in front of my friends...I have never heard of Flight of the Conchords. I guess I need to check it out.

Nice to see another post, I am anxious to see more!

Shanna said...

How FANTASTIC! I love that everyone knows what I'm talking about. Emily, don't be embarrassed...Let me fill you in, Bret lost his confidence once too and that is when David Bowie appeared to him in dreams and gave him advice. However, David Bowie starting losing confidence in his ability to give advice when it wasn't working for Bret. So you see, even David Bowie loses confidence sometimes...that means it's normal and you shouldn't worry about not knowing about Flight of the Conchords. Just go out and buy it! Well worth the money spent.

Hilda said...

Glad to see a new post. I also feel a bit out of the loop because I've only watched maybe half an episode of FOTC. If it's still at your house I would love to come watch it someday.

Kathleen , Jared, and little Gavin said...

Wow it looks like I need to look into Flight of the Conchords.. Actually Jessi did show me one scene where Brett is feeling down about himself so the other guy ( I cant remember his, Jermaine..) makes the oven talk to him! Lol so funny.. Lets bake a cake..

Natalie said...

To be honest, I've stopped clicking on your blog. And now I see I've missed something! You told me about these DVDs. I might purchase it today when I go to Target because I tire of having no counter-offer when Rhett says "Wanna watch Sports Center with me?" This is gonna be great!

Mindy said...

Welcome back, Shanna!
You've all got me interested in this Conchord thing. What would I do without you guys? I feel like I own most of the land in Out-of-the-Loop-Ville sometimes.
Can't wait to check it out.
I'm with you on the French accent--Steve thinks Frenchies are such sissies, but I think the accent is so dreamy.

Laura Lee said...

There you are! I was about to put a "Have you seen Shanna?" post on my blog.

Welcome back.

LOVE FOTC, but I must admit I've never seen an episode. Just random YouTube stuff.

Jessie said...

Yeah, I'm on board with Flight of the Conchords too. I too enjoy Part-time model, the French one- which might be an appropriate one since you know a French guy. Also, the hiphopapotamus/rhimnocerous one is pretty sweet.

I'm SOOO glad you found my blog! I was hoping you were blogging around. Sweet.
I LOVED reading your blogtasticness! Pretty darn awesome, I must say.

And congrats on the Utah job!
And check out Arrested Development if you haven't already. Also worth the money - too many hilarities for one show.

Tootles!

Lacey said...

:) I love you Shan and I am so happy for you on graduating! Yea for the digital camera! I have not yet seen Flight of the Conchords and will have to do some checking out! Have a great day!

Natalie said...

one month mark FAST APPROACHING. Shan, one blog per month is not really what its all about. It makes people sick of your blog. Should I just take over and write about your life? I'll write about your trip to CT, your latest job opps, your new haircut, your new calling, all the things you SHOULD be writing about.

Or you could do it, that would really tickle my fancy.