Monday, February 11, 2008

If Lori had a blog...

I have several friends that have not entered the blogging world themselves, but prefer to stay on the outskirts and "stalk" others blogs. Sadly, one particular friend has a severe case of "closet-bloggism". If any of you reading my blog know Lori Lessig Tanner and have a blog of your own...you can be sure she has spent time exploring yours (Sorry Lor, call this an intervention)!

Maybe some of you are feeling invaded right now. Maybe you're wondering what is going on in Lori's life....what are some of her dreams and aspirations? Well, you're in luck. Lori sent me the most entertaining email, not too long ago, entitled "If I had a blog". I thought it would be fun to post it on my blog. Maybe if there are enough comments, we can get Lori to make more regular contributions to the blogging community.

Hey everybody, I hope this email finds everyone well. I am at home today studying for the GRE and it sucks, I take it tomorrow and just want to get my score and get it over with.

So yesterday I was bored and was looking online at everyone from high school's blogs (highly recommend it)...First off everyone has minimum two kids, we all are behind the curve on that one…and everyone is like "my life is so great, look at us I use digital scrapbook and document everyone moment of my child's life." It's like, "Here is Braxton eating his first happy meal." "Here is Emmy doing her times tables and she's is only two."

I am not saying this is bad.
Who knows I will probably be just like that. I can see my blog now. This is Catherine with her kindergarten class, you can recognize her because she is the only white kid in the bunch--she is fluent in Spanish and she is only five. Here is me and little Andrew playing in the Santa Monica Park with the homeless dudes. Here is me and my family in front of are spacious two bedroom apartment. We have been here for 10 years and have finally saved enough money for a down payment on a 1.2 million dollar three bedroom one and a half bathroom house. Location is great, literally right next to the 405 on ramp. Mike and I couldn't be happier. AWESOME I know.

I love you Lor! You are you are so amazing and funny. By the way, how did the GRE go? Call me.

4 comments:

The Cooper's said...

This totally cracks me up! I saw Lori a few months ago and it was so fun..she has not changed one bit! Anyway, I'm happy that you keep in touch with her and tell her she does need a blog!
By the way, I really like the new Grandma couch background too!

Natalie said...

This goes out to Lessig: please please PLEASE oh please start a blog? I would check it all the time, hoping for a refreshing dose of your honest observations on life, sprinkled with a dash of sarcasm. We could all use a bit more I think.

lydia said...

....couldn't agree with Natalie more.

It was great to hang out with you two weekends in a row, Shan! (And Nat!) Not sure why it takes so much planning for us to get together. Is that just a by-product of getting older?

Allison said...

Shanna-it's Allison McKinstry Barben, and all I can say is you are just as funny as I remember you! I love reading your blog, and thank you, thank you for sharing Lori's insights. I saw her a couple of years ago when I was visiting Marci in California, and she is so funny. So I know this post is from out of nowhere but I got connected to your blog through Lacey and Jenny and I can't wait to read more about what you are up to. If you get a minute check out my blog, take care!