Saturday, April 12, 2008

Monticello

This won't be a lengthy post by any means, but I thought it would be fun to post something directly from Monticello, UT. My ward came down here to visit the temple and are staying in the Rodeway Inn & Suites. It is a very "glamorous" facility, mostly due to the fact that they have internet access from a community computer in the lobby (right next to where they served the free continental breakfast). Each room also is equipped with a 19" TV and a mini fridge. All in all and in all honesty, the place worked out perfectly. The lovely people here gave us a group discount and the bishop said the ward would pay for half of the cost...that means each of us only have to pay $9 (don't forget, that includes breakfast!)!

I love visiting these types of small towns. What I love most is that there always seems to be one of those amazing "mom-and-pop" type of burger/shake joints. My goal for the day is to find one before we have to leave...burger, onion rings, shake...seriously what could be better?

10 comments:

Laura Lee said...

I hope we do find a good burger joint for lunch. Especially since my healthy me campaign allows free weekends.

lydia said...

MMMMM, you got my mouth watering!

What a fun thing to do as a ward. My Aunt Luanne and her husband live in Monticello, but I haven't been there for about 10 years. It probably hasn't changed much. :)

Natalie said...

I could really use some fries at Red Robin now. With that dipping sauce. And ranch.

VTS said...

I just talked to you on the phone and it sounded like you had a great time. Up for another burger and fries? I know a Crown Burger near you. I'm salivating.

Jessie said...

And I love how they call it "Monti-sello" here in Utah. Classic non-Italian pronunciation. Sweet home, Utah.

Flyin' Hawaiian said...

that is awesome! i forgot that you were going on that ward temple trip .. i have one this thursday, all the way to newport beach, california! ( ... from newport beach, california)
:) hehe

lydia said...

whoa! hold the phone! Shanna??? why did Kawika know that you were going on a ward temple trip? Did you two become penpals after all and you haven't even told me about it?

Lacey said...

Sounds like a great time! I don't think I have ever been to Monticello! Hey...what is your email? I want to invite you to read my blog! :)
pookielou81@hotmail.com
When are we going to get together again?

hmilne said...

I love that about small towns too. If you ever go through Cedar City, stop at Brad's Food Hut!
p.s. I went private with my blog, will you send me an email with your google user name so I can add you as a viewer.

Love Holly
hollyhmilne@yahoo.com

Browns said...

Hey Shan -- Just wanted to let you know our blog is now private. Let me know if you want an invite, just need your email.

kirschebrown@hotmail.com