Tuesday, May 6, 2008

FINALLY!

It has been way too long since my last post...even I was annoyed that nothing had changed. Like previously stated in my last blog, I can only access the internet at work and never have the time to post anything at the new job. Luckily, I'm still picking up shifts at the old job that allows plenty of time to read other's blogs and make some new posts. Tonight I'm working at the old job and have found the time for a quick update (starting with the last post entitled "Monticello")


  • I did not find a "mom n' pops" burger joint in Monticello. Instead, we went to a burger joint in Moab that unfortunately left me unsatisfied. Mostly because it was over-priced.
  • New job--LOVE IT! The people I get to work with are hilarious and really good at what they do, so I learn a lot and laugh the whole time.
  • "The House of Blonde" has re-located and is now "The Duplex of Blonde"--we moved around the corner last week. I thought it would be easy to move so close, thus I did not recruit any help. I spent about 20 hours of two days moving. My back hurts just thinking about it.
  • I have a pen-pal! The last time I had one was when I was in high school (sophmore to be exact) and he lived in Kearns. I know, waaaay far away (at least it felt that way when you couldn't drive). My current p-pal lives in California.
  • Went to Goblin Valley--We camped. We dutch-ovened. We shot guns. We hiked. We didn't have toilets. We played "Truth, Or Truth". I disposed of a dead mouse that fell out of my roommates cot in the tent...and we had a great time!
  • I attempted to ride the FrontRunner once and ended up getting off and going to CPK instead. The car was over a half hour late and way too crowded.

There you have it! Just some of the small happenings of my life. It's good.

7 comments:

lydia said...

Yay! You have been sorely missed in the blog world....and in the real world for that matter! Good to see things are so good.

I'm proud of you for disposing of the mouse. Maybe it came easier to you due to your extensive medical training? You are a strong woman. You would make the pioneers gain hope for this wussy generation.

Jenny said...

Sounds like fun! We were just in Moab and I think it's impossible to not have fun in a place like that. I've never been to Goblin Valley, but I hear it's way awesome. Glad you like your new job, too!

When we first moved to Mtn. green, I too had to dispose of a rodent carcass I found in our storage room. (Except it was after the cats "played" with it for a while...eww.)

Natalie said...

Hooray for ShannaLand! These little updates of yours are treasured, in case you were wondering. Camping?? I love camping! Except remember how I like to camp in the backyard so I can run inside to use the restroom? Also less stowaway rodents in the backyard campout. I'm so proud of you.

And - Gasp to the darn FrontRunner being a half hour late! I just got my free UofU pass and I'm planning on making my commute on the FrontRunner TOMORROW! Hopefully they will still be on schedule when I plant my rear on the bench at 5:30am.

(You're welcome for the lengthy comment.)

Flyin' Hawaiian said...

finally! seriously .. i started to think that this blog would remain stagnant forever .. and btw, shout-outs are teh COOLEST! forgiveness is even sweeter! :D

Johnny Metropolis said...

My back hurts thinking about you spending 20 hours moving too. I'm glad you didn't ask me for help becuase I would've felt worse than I do now for you when I said "no."

Jessie said...

Nice to see you again. Your new job sounds cool. I once had a job where I swear I was paid just to laugh. Laughter at work is the best!
I love the sum-up blog. Miss you!

VTS said...

Hey Shann! Thanks for the update. I was told the mouse story in person and couldn't stop laughing. Can't wait for your next post!