Monday, October 6, 2008

STONER Part 2

I'm starting to feel like an old lady...you know, the ones who only talk about their health problems. However, this was a funny, yet alarming, discovery.

I was working out at the gym the other day, on the elliptical machine and watching the T.V. I noticed that the commercial that was on was advertising a prescription medication for men with enlarged prostates....called FLOMAX. I instantly began laughing to myself.

I'm sure you're all thinking, "Shanna, enlarged prostates are no laughing matter! Hundreds of men suffer from this painful condition." Precisely, enlarged prostates are not funny! What's funny is that FLOMAX is the medication that was prescribed to me for my kidney stones. That's right, I have been taking a medication designed for men to help alleviate the symptoms of enlarged prostates.

It seems I have more to worry about than a couple of measly kidney stones.

9 comments:

joN. said...

well, you're just crazy if you think that enlarged prostates AREN'T funny.

ever see that simpsons where it takes place in the future and Homer has a robotic prostate. he's like "sure i have a robotic prostate, but you can't see it" [glances down] "oh wait, yes you can."

Laura Lee said...

Shanna, sometimes your blog makes me laugh harder than anyone else's. And sometimes I don't even need to read it because the subject line is enough.

VTS said...

This was your doctors subtle way to tell you that you are really a man. Oh, and since now you know, there's trouble with your prostate. If you need someone to talk to about it, you can call me. I'm about as sensitive as they come.

Lacey said...

LOL!!! You crack me up girl! Did you have fun at your concert? I hope so. Let's get together ASAP!

Jessie said...

Bah ha ha! That's hilarious. I guess you now have an ice-breaker next time you're trapped in an elevator with elderly men.

Are you going to start working your health conditions into your testimonies? That would make the transition complete.

Hilda said...

I laughed so hard reading this! I can't belive it, you're too funny.

Emily and Clay said...

FLOMAX, Eh? Who doesn't enjoy men's medication? I hope you are feeling better!

Johnny Metropolis said...

This reminds me of the time I took Midol for an ankle sprain.

At least your prostate is protected because of this.

Wha- women don't have prostates??? Don't I feel sheepish, no wonder everyone thought this was so funny. heh heh, it is kind of.

Love Fam said...

Shanna- I have been blog stocking you for a while now, but I had to leave a comment on this one! I too am a stoner, and my mom has been on that flomax more than once, I can't wait to tell her what it really is!! LOL!! Too funny!