Monday, February 25, 2008

James

I know that I'm 27 and really should've out-grown Hollywood crushes, but for some reason I can't help swooning over James McAvoy. Who is he? He's an amazing actor with an impressive resume...The Chronicles of Narnia, The Last King of Scotland, Becoming Jane, Atonement, Penelope...to name a few.

He caught my attention when I saw the previews for Atonement (see right). Then I saw Becoming Jane and last weekend I went to an advanced screening of Penelope and loved it!!! He is extremely talented and doesn't look a thing like typical Hollywood hearthrobs like Brad Pitt or Tom Cruise (which I love about him). He does, however, have a very sexy Scottish accent and piercing blue eyes.

While searching for him on IMDb.com I also discovered that he and I think alike! (see below) Which makes me like him even more.

I'm almost certain that if he were not married, we would certainly meet and fall madly in love.




"We're in a horrible, repugnant place now where kids are told it's their right and due to be hugely famous. Not good at their job, not good at anything, just hugely famous. This is not sane. Little girls think they'll be famous if they have vast breast implants and might as well die if they don't."








































13 comments:

lydia said...

Shan, I totally know what you mean.

That part in Becoming Jane when she's dancing with...oh, I don't remember his name, but the one who proposed...and she looks so forlorn, and then she looks up to see James smiling at her. Oh..my...! That smile behind those playful eyes! I must have watched that part 5 times! I couldn't get over the way I blushed--just like Jane was blushing--at his confident smirk!

Anyway, excellent choice for a hollywood crush.

Emily and Clay said...

Aparently I am missing out on Becoming Jane & Penelope?????

Jenny said...

I am in love with James, too!
I first saw him on the "Children of Dune" series on SciFi Channel. He was fantastic! (And had his shirt off almost the entire series, and let me tell you, it made for good TV). I highly recommend "Netflix-ing" this one or renting it if you can. I think he's handsome in the old fashioned, gentlemanly way. And a soft-spoken Scottish accent makes me weak in the knees.
Ok, I did not really mean to go on and on, so now I am done gushing.

Natalie said...

Well I can say the only thing I've seen him in is as the goat thing in Narnia. So, I guess I wasn't smitten.

Why haven't I even heard of these movies? I should get out more.

mikemetcalf said...

Shan, I totally know what you mean.

Something about Mr. Tumnas' hooves just really gets me goi... err, nevermind. Disregard this post.

Shanna said...

Mike,
I knew that I would find a fellow Narnia lover who would appreciate his "goatiness" (is that a word?)as much as I.

Emily and Clay said...

They are now on the list!

Johnny Metropolis said...

I don't know how I missed "Becoming Jane"...

I thought "Narnia" was lame-o!

He was in "Band of Brothers" though I have to respect that.

You want his phone number?

Shanna said...

Mr. Metropolis,
I would love his number. You have it? Wow, you must be very influential.

Jessie said...

Hmmm, I'll have to check him out. I've heard of all those movies, but never seen them. Good call.
Hey - you should come hang out with me, and bring Lyd. We'll have a nanny-reunion. And see if you can get the Feigs out here. I've been begging for the past year, with no luck!

Blaine said...

I know I am making this a longer list of comments, but I couldn't resist, because I have a slight crush on him as well, and even though I didn't really like Becoming Jane (mostly because of Anne Hathaway) I really enjoyed the James part of it! You are the best Shanna. (Lindsay Hickman)

Shanna said...

Lindsay, I love that you love him too! It's great to hear from you. You're the tops.

P.S. I don't prefer Anne Hathaway either, but I'll still put up with her (especially if she's in a film with James)

Unknown said...

I am currently nurturing a crush on James McAvoy myself, that's how I found your blog. Thanks, I didn't know what other movies he'd been in. I saw Narnia and Penelope and Becoming Jane, but now I'd like to see him in Atonement. McAvoy's an army guy in that; I wonder if I will find him as attractive? Anyway, I need to see it.

I also wish I knew how to pronounce "McAvoy". I am woefully remiss.