Wednesday, March 5, 2008

FYI

Many of you may have deciphered from previous posts that I was job hunting in Connecticut. The last time I was there visiting, this job opportunity sort of just fell into my lap. I applied and had an interview the day before I was leaving (kind of felt like divine intervention). The interview went well and about 2 weeks later I had a telephone interview. The day after the phone interview I was sent paperwork to authorize a background check.....suddenly I realized that this may be a real possibility--"Connecticut or BUST!"

Well, it turned out to be a "BUST." I won't be moving to Connecticut and starting a new life on the exciting east coast any time soon. I have mixed feelings about it, none of which are feelings of sadness. The interview process was a good experience and I will continue to pursue other options in other states.

The world has not come to an end.

6 comments:

Johnny Metropolis said...

Phew! I thought I'd lost you there for a minute.

Natalie said...

HOORAY! We get to keep you. I'm relieved about that. And BOO, you don't get to leave on an exciting adventure. I was so excited for you.

Mixed feelings to be sure. Did you cry?

Laura Lee said...

I have mixed feelings about you not going too!

Just coming home from a vacation back east I as all ready to move back there myself. I seriously did think, "if I move back here, Shanna might be close by."

But I'm glad you took a shot at it. It's always nice to have something shake up your life a bit.

P.S. a little insulted I'm not on the "blogs you like" list.

The Cooper's said...

I'm sorry it turned out to be a bust. Maybe it's a blessing in disquise! I'm sure there will be many more opportunites to come...

VTS said...

Hey Shann! Thanks for the update. I was getting wicked curious about that situation. It'll be nice to have you around a bit longer. I just adore you.

Shanna said...

Nat, I did not cry...not a tear.

Laura, I was just thinking the same thing. Problem remedied.

Jenny, I totally agree that there must be an reason I'm supposed to not go to CT...probably why I didn't cry.

Vaness, I absolutely adore you too!